- 6 medium ears sweet corn, husked
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced into rings
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced into rings (optional)
- 1 package (4 links) Seemore Chicken Chili Verde Sausages
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled and divided
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
In a large serving bowl, whisk together lime juice and olive oil. Cut kernels off corn cobs. Add half to the serving bowl; stir in shallots and serrano, if desired. Set aside.
Crumble sausages into small pieces. In a large cast iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir sausage in canola oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to paper towel.
In same pan, add remaining corn to drippings; cook over high heat, not stirring, until lightly charred on 1 side, 2-3 minutes. Transfer corn to shallot mixture; add sausage and 1/4 cup Cotija cheese. Toss to combine; let stand until cooled to room temperature, 15-20 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro. Top with remaining 1/2 cup cilantro and 1/4 cup Cotija cheese.