- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1, 12-16 oz jar salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups white rice
- 1, 14 oz can pinto beans drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 or 2 packs (4-8 links) Seemore Chicken Chile Verde Sausages
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mexican, cheddar, or pepper jack cheese
- To garnish: Thinly sliced avocado, cilantro, cotija cheese, sour cream, hot sauce
Add the stock, salsa, rice, beans, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and cayenne to a wide skillet or pot.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then stir it all together and reduce to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
Uncover, turn off the heat, and give it a big stir. It’s OK if a little stuck to the bottom! Taste. Add salt if needed (this will depend on how salty your salsa and stock were).
Nestle the sausages down into the rice and sprinkle the cheese over top. Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from the heat and garnish as desired.
Original recipe by Caroline Chambers.