- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 dozen mussels, debearded
- 1 large stem of basil, whole
- 1 whole fennel bulb, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/4 cup, dry white wine
- 1 package (4 links) of Seemore Chicken Parm Sausage, sliced
- 1 cup marinara sauce, jarred or homemade
- 1/2 cup seafood or veggie stock
- Parsley for garnish (optional, of course!)
Brown onions and fennel with whole basil stem until translucent, fragrant, and totally soft.
Add garlic and deglaze with white wine.
When wine is fully evaporated, add Chicken Parm sausage and allow to brown and marry flavors into the onion and fennel mixture.
Add mussels, marinara, and stock and bring heat to high. Cover (Note: if you like your mussels saucy, increase the amount of stock.)
After 5 minutes on high heat, uncover and allow to boil until the sauce reaches the consistency you prefer. Any mussels that have not opened at this point are no good!
Sprinkle with parsley and season to taste. Serve and enjoy immediately with lots of crusty bread to soak up your sauce!