- ¼ cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups dried farro
- 4 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, + more to taste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced ½ inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 bunch arugula, rinsed and dried
- 4 La Dolce Beet-a Sausages (1, 12 oz package)
- ¼ cup mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup feta
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Juice of 2 lemons
DirectionsPreheat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts for 8-10 minutes until fragrant, checking frequently. Roughly chop and set aside.
In a mesh sieve, rinse farro under cold water for 2-3 minutes. Fill a medium-sized pot with 4 cups water or chicken broth, add farro and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
While farro simmers, line a rimmed sheet pan with foil. Spread sweet potatoes on the prepared sheet pan and toss with olive oil, remaining salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender. At the 15 minute mark, toss potatoes and place sausages onto the edges of the same sheet pan. Cook sausage and potatoes 10-15 minutes more, turning sausages halfway through for even browning.
Divide cooked farro into 4 bowls. Slice sausages into ½” rounds. Layer farro with sweet potatoes, sliced sausages, arugula, mint, parsley, feta, and walnuts. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.